No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMPureXP for ssDNA

Hi Friends

Has anyone used AMPureXP for ssDNA purification? I need to get rid of smaller cDNAs (<100 ntd).

Biochembug

Yes it works for ssDNA. It also works for RNA. And DNA/RNA hybrids.
    --------------
    Ethan

Comment

What volume should I use to eliminate low molecular weight (<100 ntd) cDNA?

Comment

What I do is I mix 1 volume of DNA or RNA with 1 volume of AMPure XP and 1 volume of 30% PEG800 1.25M NaCl. That gives me a cut off of about 100 bp. If you search the forum there is a thread with more information on this with some guy that posted a nice experiment. Be warned that there is batch to batch variation with the AMPure XP beads.

There are some protocols on my blog at http://ethanomics.wordpress.com/ which perhaps describe what I do a little better.
        --------------
        Ethan

Comment

Thanks for the info Ethan. Will give a shot!

Biochembug

Comment

Originally posted by ETHANol View Post
            Yes it works for ssDNA. It also works for RNA. And DNA/RNA hybrids.
            Hi Ethan,
            Can you comment on what the cutoff seems to be for dsDNA vs ssDNA? Does it appear to be a function of molecular weight, strand length, or something else?
            Phillip

Comment

There's a recent post on James Hadfield's blog detailing how the beads work and how the concentration of PEG/NaCl effects the size selection.

Someone recently asked me, “how do SPRI beads work” and I realized I was not completely sure so I went to find out. My lab uses kits. Lots...

Comment

Hi all,

Great to see that you guys are keeping this thread alive. As pointed out by Phillip, I am looking for the cut-off of the single stranded DNA molecules on AMPure beads. Comments are always welcome!!!

Thanks TonyBrooks for that like.

Biochembug

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                0 responses