Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• odd Agilent Bioanalyzer results-total eukaryotic(3D culture) RNA pico assay

Hello all! I am a phd student , very new to this field... I was growing some 3D spheroids in a Matrigel droplet and I was testing two samples to prepare them for my institution facility which will prepare library (mRNA) for HisSeq Illumina. My two samples(loaded in lane1 and lane3) was extracted using the mirVana rna extraction kit by ambion, invitrogen, eluted in 95oC nuclease-free water, followed by DNA removal by the invitrogen Turbo kit. On nanodrop measurement, the two samples gave concentration readings of 2.6 and 5.4 ng/uL respectively, with 260/280 being 4.71 and 2.3 respectively. However, when the bioanalyzer(pico assay) result from core facility came back, the profile looks very strange and I couldnt identify the RNA bands due to presence of multiple peaks like noise. Does this mean there is no RNA? or is there presence of some contaminants in my sample that I can further treat before having another go at bioanalyzer analysis? i dont really know...Very Grateful for any advice/help!

thanks a lot in advance

-ry
    Attached Files

Bioanalyzer run has failed and to know if it was sample or assay set up you need to look at ladder run and other samples in the same Chip. If it is your sample try cleaning with a column and rerun.

Comment

Based on the Nanodrop readings, your RNA concentration is pretty low, and your 260/280 is awful (especially the one that is 4.71). What are your 260/230 ratios, and what do the Nanodrop graphs look like?

Comment

Nanodrop 260/230,280 ratios are invalid when ng/ul value is below 10-15.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
        • seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses