Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truseq Custom Amplicon kit overhang sequences

I have been searching for for the overhang sequence on the i7 and i5 indices of the Truseq Custom amplicon Index kit, but couldn't find them..
    We have designed about 10 primer pairs (microbiology, fungal and bacterial) and we want to link these primers, through two step pcr, to the indices of the Truseq amplicon kit (which is part of the Cancer Panel Kit from Illumina). Illumina won’t provide them since they are classified/company secret..

So far I only found information about adapters of Nextera and Truseq DNA kits.

Any help could be usefull.

You should be able to find the sequences in this Document:
    https://support.illumina.com/content...0002694-00.pdf

Comment

Thank you, This document only shows the index sequences (page 14) NOT the pcr primer sequences.

Comment

Do you already have a library obtained with these PCR primers? If yes, take an aliquot and make a Topo-cloning and then sequence the plasmids with M13 and T7 primers to get the sequences of the Illumina PCR primers...

Comment

That's a good idea and worth trying but I think it may not work due to presence of 5' blocked oligos used for amplification.

Comment

Are you sure they are 5' blocked? What would be the point to block on 5' for a PCR? I never prepared library, maybe there is a step between the PCR and the colony generation? Would be interested to have more details...

Comment

It is just a guess, that is why I think it is worth trying. P5 primer must have 5' biotin or other moity which is used for binding to normalization beads. Normalization beads have a limited number of strepdavidin or other molecules which interact with biotin and are saturated with library fragments resulting in equimolar normalization.

Comment

I see what you mean. On the Illumina website, their FAQ points to the adapter sequence letter, but it only contains the eight bp sequences of the indices, not the adapter sequence itself.

They do explicitly say on the website that the adapters are not the same as the Nextera adapters, but at the very least, we know that the adapters have to work with the existing primer cocktails in the MiSeq cartridges, which contain a mix of TruSeq and Nextera primers, right? I'm seeing a lot of similarity between Nextera and RNA primers, and if Illumina claims those aren't the ones being used in the custom amplicon kit, maybe they're more similar to the standard TruSeq adapters (page 15/16 of the sequence letter).

My other thought would be to go looking for adapter sequence from other TruSeq Custom Amplicon reads from other runs, if you have any. Adapter trimming isn't a usual option for your sample sheets in Illumina Experiment Manager, so in theory there should be some adapter sequence in at least some of the reads, assuming amplicon length is small enough for the read to get all the way across the amplicon.

Comment

It is very difficult to get a straight answer from Illumina. Anything you can derive from actually sequencing the molecules in their kits will probably be more useful than what they tell you on the phone.

Comment

For people who are interested, try "illumina confidential letter" in google... you will find a 30 pages pdf with all the sequences (adapters included)

s.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvainL View Post
                      For people who are interested, try "illumina confidential letter" in google... you will find a 30 pages pdf with all the sequences (adapters included)

s.
                      The pdf is actually an older version of the same document that others have mentioned in this thread. It has a section for the TSCA indices, but still doesn't contain the full adapter sequence.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                      • seqadmin
                        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post seqadmin  
                      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                      0 responses