No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• single 18S pick

Good day.

I am analyzing plant small stem cross section for further Laser microdissection studies. Till now, all the samples shows a complete degradation of the RNA but i got a sample where i get a big 18Spick but no 28S. Does any one have encounter this kind of result?
    Thank you so much

Are you sure it is degradation? High salt buffer or sometimes organic contamination can make larger RNA bands insoluble so that they don't appear on a gel or bioanalyzer.

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply. I am thinking in degradation because all my other samples came out as completely degraded using the same protocol. My hope is that is not degraded and something else occurred. i have added the graph.
      Again, thank you so much for your help.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hmm... that 18S peak looks a bit suspicious. Usually, such a sharp drop off on one side occurs when something went wrong with the run. How does the peak size compare to other samples?

Comment

on other samples, the picks are very low. there is no comparison but i can send a graph or two. I will repeat the sample and see if that strange pick happens again.
          this conversation has been a really helpful.
          Attached Files

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses