No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two gene name with same gene ID in Cuffdiff result

Hi All
    I finish the Tuxedo pipeline on my data.
    tophat2-cufflinks-cuffmerge-cuffdiff
    I got the cuffdiff result 'gene_exp.diff', I found that some of the rows are like below:

test_id gene_id gene p_value q_value
    XLOC_015858 XLOC_015858 Q27U16_BOVIN,Q3MJK3_BOVIN 5e-05 0.00449882

When I go back annotation file check , I found that in the genes.gtf
    ENSBTAG00000005251 Q27U16_BOVIN
    ENSBTAG00000038536 Q3MJK3_BOVIN

It seem that they are different genes...

Is it normal? I mean Two gene names with one gene ID?

Thank you!

They may be alternately spliced transcripts from same gene (or members of a family)?

Code:
    CLUSTAL O(1.2.1) multiple sequence alignment

TR|Q27U16|Q27U16_BOVIN MASGILMNIQEEVTCPICLELLTEPLSLDCGHTFCQACITGNNKESIIGQEGKRSCPVCR 60
    TR|Q3MJK3|Q3MJK3_BOVIN MASGILMNIQEEVTCPICLELLTEPLSLDCGHSFCQACITANNKESIIGQEGKRSCPVCR 60
                           ********************************:*******.*******************

TR|Q27U16|Q27U16_BOVIN VSFEPGNLRPNRNVANIVQRLREVKVSPEVEQERNLCAHHGEKLQLFCEQDGKVICWLCE 120
    TR|Q3MJK3|Q3MJK3_BOVIN VSFEPGNLRPNRHVANIVQRLREVKVSPEVEQERNLCAHHGEKLQLFCEQDGKVICWLCE 120
                           ************.***********************************************

TR|Q27U16|Q27U16_BOVIN RSQEHRGHNTFLMEEIAPEYQKKLQSCLQRLKGKKQEAEELEIKVREEMSTWKIQIENEI 180
    TR|Q3MJK3|Q3MJK3_BOVIN RSQEHRAHNTFLMEEIAPEYQKKLQSCLQRLKGKKQEAEELEIKVREEMSTWKIQIENEI 180
                           ******.*****************************************************

TR|Q27U16|Q27U16_BOVIN QNVQGKFTQLRQILDSEEMKELRKLKDELGVILKELAESENDLVQEKLLVSNLISDVERH 240
    TR|Q3MJK3|Q3MJK3_BOVIN QNVQGKFTQLRQILDSEEMKELRKLKDELGVILKELAESENDLVQEKLLVSNLISDVERH 240
                           ************************************************************

TR|Q27U16|Q27U16_BOVIN LQGSTMELLQDANVIIKRSETLALKKPKSFPKEQRRVFRAPDLREILRVFNELTDVQRYW 300
    TR|Q3MJK3|Q3MJK3_BOVIN LQGSTMELLQDANVIIKRSETLALKKPKSFPKEQRRVFRVPDLRQTLHVFNELTDVQRYW 300
                           ***************************************.****: *:************

TR|Q27U16|Q27U16_BOVIN VQVTLNSPRSANVVISPDQRQVRYASNDQRSNVYLIDNCEVFSVLGSPVITSGRHYWEVD 360
    TR|Q3MJK3|Q3MJK3_BOVIN VQVTLNSPKSENVVISPDQRQVRYASSDQCYNAYWNDNYEDFGVLGSPVITSGRHYWEVD 360
                           ********:* ***************.**  *.*  ** * *.*****************

TR|Q27U16|Q27U16_BOVIN VSKKRAWILGVCGEN---IMIEPPIFGNFGNGNYSNVFSVYQPKNRNCGNSQNVYSRYQP 417
    TR|Q3MJK3|Q3MJK3_BOVIN VSKKSAWILGVCGEKCEDIMKLPSKLGNCGNG-----------------NCQNVYSRYQP 403
                           **** *********:   **  *  :** ***                 *.*********

TR|Q27U16|Q27U16_BOVIN KNGYWVIGLKHDSVYKAFE-SSFSGPEILTLSLSVSPHRIGIFLDYEARTVLFLNVTNHG 476
    TR|Q3MJK3|Q3MJK3_BOVIN KNGYWVIGLKHYCVYNAFDASSFSDPVILPLSLSVSLHRVGVFLDYEAHTVLFLNVTNHG 463
                           *********** .**:**: **** * ** ****** **:*:******:***********

TR|Q27U16|Q27U16_BOVIN FPIYKFSSCSFPQNIVPYFNPMNCDAPMTLCSPSC 511
    TR|Q3MJK3|Q3MJK3_BOVIN FPICQFSSCSFPQNIVPYFNPMNCGVPMTLCSPSC 498
                           *** :******************* .*********
    Last edited by GenoMax; 02-05-2015, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Thank you. So what is your opinion? save two names simultaneously or just need first one?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses