No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best way to re-sequence a few Mb of genomic sequences

Hi,
    If I want to re-sequence a known part of the chromosome (we know the reference genome sequence) of ~1Mb to find the possible mutations (SNP or INDEL) that caused a certain phenotype. What is the best platform to do it?

I don't like the idea of just extract the whole genome and re-sequence everything. But is there a sample preparation technology that allows me to amplify/sequencing only part of the chromosome?

Thanks!
    Nan

Look into earray with agilent - custom capture. Won't be very cost-efficient for only one sample but if you have a decent amount it's one thing to look into for sure.

Comment

For sequencing a few samples, custom pulldowns are often more expensive than doing whole genome shotguns. If you have lots of samples, then it makes sense.

For a few samples, the most inexpensive platform I've seen is mybaits mycroarray. My academic lab did a really cheap approach of biotinylating BAC or fosmid DNA covering a region. Also a not-high on-target rate, but any purification will give you good coverage for 10 million reads. See http://scholar.google.com/citations?...J:b0M2c_1WBrUC for that.
      Providing nextRAD genotyping and PacBio sequencing services. http://snpsaurus.com

Comment

You could fragment the genome and clone it then probe your clones to find the fragment(s) that contain the sequence of interest.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
        • seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses