Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie question on generation of libraries..

When I read bioinformatics book, I got "However, generation of libraries is a bottleneck. Most researchers are not able to do this." .Is there anyone know why? Thx

What book are you reading and what year was it published? That is not an accurate statement, I don't think. The bottlenecks are usually either obtaining relevant clinical samples, obtaining sequence data if you have a small sequencing core with lots of samples to process, or properly analyzing the data if you lack computational resources/knowledge/experience in analyzing these datasets.

Comment

Originally posted by Heisman View Post
      What book are you reading and what year was it published? That is not an accurate statement, I don't think. The bottlenecks are usually either obtaining relevant clinical samples, obtaining sequence data if you have a small sequencing core with lots of samples to process, or properly analyzing the data if you lack computational resources/knowledge/experience in analyzing these datasets.
      thanks for your reply. The reading materials is a guide from BioScience. page 49. Thanks for your help!

Comment

arkilis, you are reading product literature from Axygen, not a book with a neutral point of view. While library-making can be slow and a stumbling point for someone new, it quickly becomes routine.

Axygen sells 96-well plates suited for robotics. You have to read product literature from a company with a certain amount of criticality (and I say this as a founder of a commercial entity myself). In this case, it helps Axygen to encourage people to think about how to make lots of libraries more easily, which maybe will give them the idea to use automation and Axygen's plates. That may be perfectly valid, but not always the solution for each person reading the guide.
        Providing nextRAD genotyping and PacBio sequencing services. http://snpsaurus.com

Comment

Originally posted by SNPsaurus View Post
          arkilis, you are reading product literature from Axygen, not a book with a neutral point of view. While library-making can be slow and a stumbling point for someone new, it quickly becomes routine.

Axygen sells 96-well plates suited for robotics. You have to read product literature from a company with a certain amount of criticality (and I say this as a founder of a commercial entity myself). In this case, it helps Axygen to encourage people to think about how to make lots of libraries more easily, which maybe will give them the idea to use automation and Axygen's plates. That may be perfectly valid, but not always the solution for each person reading the guide.

Thanks, so do you have any recommendation on new bioinformatics people?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses