Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all!! I was bit hesitant to post,until no option was left with me..
    Now I feel that lot many queries can be resolved by open discussions.

About my library type..it has been genomic and metagenomic!!
    The one that generated 20% less cluster when quantitated with qPCR was metagenomic library!!I agree with Phillip...multiple reasons prop up while troubleshooting!!
    Conclusions were drawn that qPCR were set up incorrectly giving faulty concentration(R^2 values were 0.998 &E=85%).Later I came to know that the concentration that was taken for clustering was presumed by GA results and also a Hiseq Run(in which qPCR was not run for QC) but had given optimum cluster nos. that had been shooted for!!

The second set of libraries were from some client,so don't know about the sample type.
    This behaved so weirdly!!Our Kapa sybr fast was over so decided to use ABI Sybr fast for qPCR.The concentrations were very high..so we repeated to check out for handling errors!!But second time concentration turned out to be even higher....got trapped in endless confusions.Then borrowed a Kapa Sybr fast to repeat the same libraries and all concentrations fell in place.Then concluded that ABi sybr fast was behaving differently with Illumina libraries so now we have stuck to Kapa!!

Now with all these discussions can we draw a conclusion??Can anyone summarize the do's and don'ts for qPCR quantitation and what else should be taken care of to get accurate results??

Also one more question is there any data available for cluster generated for PhiX standard dilution?Thanks

Comment

Maybe here somebody has seen something similar like my results from the BioAnalyzer run following RNA library prep (and pcr) and can tell me where the huge peak comes from and how to proceed now?
      Attached Files

Comment

That's your library. It looks like you slightly under fragmented. Maybe next time increase length of the fragmentation incubation. We saw this with our NEB Ultra RNA prep's. It still sequenced OK, but it's slightly harder to quantify.
        Not too sure about the shaper HWM peaks. Did you use any in-line controls?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyBrooks View Post
          That's your library. It looks like you slightly under fragmented. Maybe next time increase length of the fragmentation incubation. We saw this with our NEB Ultra RNA prep's. It still sequenced OK, but it's slightly harder to quantify.
          Not too sure about the shaper HWM peaks. Did you use any in-line controls?
          Thank you!

So, this means that I would have to do a whole new library prep or can I re-fragment these samples?

I used the in-line controls for end-repair, a-tailing and ligation but as far as I understood, I can only check if they are present after sequencing?

Comment

We saw this before with the in line controls
            Techniques and protocol discussions on sample preparation, library generation, methods and ideas

The library will sequence OK as is. Quantification may be more of an issue as it's harder to pick the correct size to normalise to. If you want to improve the library and get better quantification, you'll need to reprep it. You can't fragment it now as the adapters have already been ligated.

Comment

Tony already covered the main point. Lesser point, the secondary bulge at a higher molecular weight likely comprises bubble products. But these are also only really an issue for accurate titration of samples prior to clustering.

--
              Phillip

Comment

Okay, thanks!
                Our technician suggested running a NuSieve gel and re-purifying with beads.
                I'm not entirely sure if that will help any but I'll probably try and then re-do the libraries if that doesn't help.

Comment

Hi all,

Back again after three years of peaceHope people are still responding to the queries here.We have switched completely to Kapa Standards now.Assays working completely in sync except for few variability here n there.A quick question….

Have anyone of you experienced a variation in qPCR of cDNA Illumina libraries?

Has anyone seen a difference of two times in qPCR concentrations,when re quantitated after freezing those libraries for two months and then compared with its own qPCR concentration,which was done at the time when the libraries were made?

Thanks

Comment

No.
                    We, are not re-doing the qPCRs and have never seen loading problems.

Comment

Thanks Luc,

Waiting for others to respond as well?

Do any one get request on re sequencing same samples from their clients?Did anyone redo qPCR's on cDNA libraries to check its integrity over a period of few months?

Comment

We have the occasional request for sample resequencing, and often see a significant decrease in library concentration upon requantification. Nucleic acids adhere to plastic during freezing (a well-known phenomenon), thus the recommendation for using Lo-Bind or similar tubes. The effect is negligible at high concentration, but a real problem at the concentrations typical of sequencing libraries.

Comment

Hi HESmith,

Thanks that you took time out to reply!

That's what I would have expected when I repeated the qPCR for same libraries after two months.But I got alarmed,when I saw that my cDNA libraries increased in concentration (just double) in comparison to the previous qPCR done.
                          That is why I reached Seqanswers because cannot think of any possible reasons or explanations.
                          Can anyone give their opinions and insights on this?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                          • seqadmin
                            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post seqadmin  
                          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                          0 responses