No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip-Seq Analysis

Hi

I am analyzing my first data of Chip-Seq (with the antibody H4K16Ac) using Partek.

In the initial step of detecting peaks I obtained a lot of peaks for some of the samples (100.000 – 200.000) and of course, then, I obtained large lists of associated genes. How can I do to filter these data? The control (not IP) is not enough to reduce substantially these values.

Can I filter by the number of reads in each peak? In this case which would be the optimal value?

Thanks!

You can filter based on
    1. sample ID--only keep peaks from ChIP sample
    2. total number of reads or normalized read count--low numbers should be filtered out. The filter criteria is based on your data.
    3. binomial P-value sample Vs control--low P-value peaks should be kept.

Comment

Hi,
      thanks for your post.
      The true is that I am completly lost in this analysis.
      I have 5 samples and 2 controls (no IP samples). 3 of the samples goes with one of the controls and the other 2 goes with the second no IP sample.
      I obtained the first list of peaks, for the 7 samples. After I applied the second filter you refer (normalized read count).
      After that I want to filter using the controls, so I go to "Create a list of enriched regions". I select the sample I want to filter (for example the sample 3, with 490 peaks) and I select "Specify new criteria", there I select Sample ID vs S1 (S1 is the control of S3). Than I obtained a list of 630 peaks.
      I don't understand that. I filtered and I obtained more peaks?
      What mistake am I committing?
      Thank you very much for your help.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist on Modified Bases...
        Yesterday, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses