No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any heuristic algorithm in tophat?

Hi,

I am playing with the simulated RNA-seq data of the tophat&cufflinks paper published on Nature Protocol. While things go smoothly on my local PC installed with Ubuntu linux, problems occured on big servers installed with SUSE linux:

[Wed Apr 25 14:11:46 2012] Mapping right_kept_reads_seg1 against genome with Bowtie (1/3)
    [Wed Apr 25 14:12:18 2012] Mapping right_kept_reads_seg2 against genome with Bowtie (2/3)
    [Wed Apr 25 14:12:50 2012] Mapping right_kept_reads_seg3 against genome with Bowtie (3/3)
    [Wed Apr 25 14:13:23 2012] Searching for junctions via segment mapping
    [Wed Apr 25 14:16:10 2012] Retrieving sequences for splices
    [FAILED]
    Error: Splice sequence retrieval failed with err =1

After checking the log, I found the problem was located at run of "juncs_db"

juncs_db v1.3.2 (2689)
    ---------------------------
    Error: malformed splice coordinate record

I then checked the input files of juncs_db, and I found that the file "segment.juncs" on the server was different from that generated on my PC. After replacing this file, this step would be OK.

I guess the step prior to "juncs_db" (i.e., segment_juncs) caused this problem, but cannot solve it.

Not sure any heuristic step caused different result files, or hardware or software problems.

Could anyone help?

Thanks.

The OS information: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP1 (x86_64), Linux 2.6.32.12-0.7-default #1 SMP 2010-05-20 11:14:20 +0200 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

SAMTOOLS: 0.1.18 built from source
    bowtie-0.12.7-linux-x86_64.zip: downloaded from its homepage
    tophat-1.3.2.Linux_x86_64.tar.gz: downloaded from its homepage
    Last edited by zhiqiang; 04-25-2012, 01:19 AM. Reason: to add packages and OS information

I seems that the cause is the hardware, i.e., disks, since it runs OK on another disk.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses