Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAIIx with D drive too small after SCS 2.6 upgrade

We have an older GA that was upgraded to GAIIx and is now running SCS 2.6. The D drive is 930G -- the problem is we're running a 120X120 and the D drive is filling up faster than the images can be copied off & deleted.

I've already gone in & deleted all the old run information -- I've manually deleted all the images that have copied off - we're still having issues with multiple stops & starts.

The D:/Run_XXX/Processed folder is taking up half the disk -- inside is a folder for each cycle and the modified dates show the older cycles haven't been altered in days -- I've asked tech support if it's safe to delete those older folders to free up space, but three e-mails Illumina still has not addressed my question. Does anyone know if it's safe to delete the older cycles in this folder?

Have any of you had similar issues with D drive space on older GAs? Has Illumina allowed you to upgrade the instrument computer or install a bigger drive?

Hate to think we have to stop offering the longer reads because we upgraded.
    Christine Brennan
    UM DNA Sequencing Core
    Ann Arbor, MI 48109

[email protected]

Hi.

Yes, you can upgrade the instrument. It's covered by a Dell warranty, not Illumina warranty (transparently, though, I guess... Illumina will just contact Dell for repairs). Dell is happy for you to upgrade the drives either by buying drives from Dell, or buying your own. If you buy your own, then they will cover the warranty on all parts of the system other than the drives, and if you buy Dell drives, then they will have their own Dell warranty anyway. We are looking at doing this in the near future.

Cheers,

Scott.

Comment

This is a know issue (known by the community anyway). It was discussed previously in this thread.

Basically the older computers (shipped with the original GA models) can not keep pace with the volume of data and the amount of processing required with the new version 4 kits and RTA 1.6. It seems that RTA is so overwhelmed that it gives a lower priority to deleting images it no longer needs. Eventually the disk fills and the run pauses until RTA can catch up.

Comment

Thanks for the input, and the link -- I couldn't find that thread yesterday.

I will definitely keep pursuing upgrading the computer, we've asked before and never got a straight answer, just have to keep pursuing it until we can get a Hi-Seq I guess. Maybe that's their new sales strategy.....
        Christine Brennan
        UM DNA Sequencing Core
        Ann Arbor, MI 48109

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by cbrennan View Post
          we've asked before and never got a straight answer
          I was given this information by our FAS, and Dell.

Cheers,

Scott.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
          0 responses