Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• primer design

I'm using Oligo 7 for designing primer but one of the weakness of this software is that you have to check for possible SNPs in the primers you get.

I'm trying to see if there is a better software and I made a list of other softwares :
    - Primer Premier
    - NoePrimer
    - Primer Express 3.0
    - Vector NTI

Do you know other software or maybe webtools like Primer3?

Which one are you using and why do you think it's the best one?

If you of a programming bent, Primer3 has the advantage you can control just about everything via options & fit it into a pipeline.

Comment

Primer-BLAST has the option to avoid regions with SNPs, look under the Advanced Parameters section.

Comment

I really like Oligo Explorer from Gene Link:

Comment

Primer-BLAST is quite nice but it is also slow and you cannot do batch requests.

I tested Primer Z and RExPrimer which are good webtools but not as flexible as Primer-BLAST.

Oligo Explorer looks nice but does it take into account SNPs?

Anyway all these tools are not bad but I'm trying to find something more NGS oriented. When you get mutations from your sequencing you could get a lot of mutations to check on more DNA samples. I would like to find a tool which uses genomic position where you get your mutation for example, a little like Halo genomics does with their design wizard.

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with primer design of oncogenes utilizing Sequenom software?

Comment

It might not directly answer your question regarding SNPs, but for straightforward primer design cases give GeneWarrior a try. It's based on Primer3 but you can interactively select your targets and exclusions by drag and drop.

The step-by-step tutorial is here: http://genewarrior.com/docs/tut_primerdesign.jsp

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses