SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Estimate tophat2 parameters from rnaseq data? angerusso RNA Sequencing 0 04-16-2013 01:13 PM
Next Generation Sequencing Data Summit Oxford_Global_DPatel Events / Conferences 1 02-11-2013 10:37 AM
Cleaning second-generation sequencing data - current situation xApple Bioinformatics 2 10-22-2012 10:31 AM
Estimate on-target coverage for exome data pravee1216 Bioinformatics 10 04-12-2012 12:20 PM
Analysis of Next Generation Sequencing Data pochi04 Bioinformatics 2 04-05-2011 01:42 PM

Old 05-09-2013, 07:55 AM   #1
desmo

Cool Estimate contamination in Next Generation Sequencing data

Hi everyone,
I'm a bioinformatician and I'm working on cancer genomes.
I would like to know how I can estimate the contamination rate both of the tumor and normal sample of the patient that we will have to sequencing.
I know that ContEst could work for my problem but we didn't have any genotype data.
So there are some methods that could be applied to sequencing data to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance
desmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:08 AM   #2
JackieBadger

I think the best way is to use relative depths, and fit your data to expected models. In your case it is quite simple with diploid genotypes. True alleles should be at much greater depth than artifacts/contamination.

We see contamination between multigene amplicons, and use a model approach. Still when contamination is significant the genotype can not be estimated.

A recent paper talks a little about the issue: http://genomebiology.com/content/13/5/R34
JackieBadger is offline   Reply With Quote