SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problems creating GTF for Cufflinks annotation DrD2009 Bioinformatics 10 02-23-2015 07:20 AM
How to use Ensembl or Gencode annotation for cufflinks? metheuse RNA Sequencing 0 05-02-2013 06:39 AM
running cufflinks with a genome annotation as a strict reference or as a guide. maryb Bioinformatics 2 07-19-2012 06:59 AM
Cuffmerge error with gencode v12 gtf file vkartha Bioinformatics 0 07-03-2012 10:06 PM
Acceptable Sp/Sn output from cufflinks and problems with Homo_sapiens.GRCh37.60.gtf nat Bioinformatics 0 12-02-2010 10:58 PM

Old 06-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
arrchi

Default problems with running Cufflinks using Gencode annotation gtf

Hi there,

Has anybody successfully run Cufflinks with human RNA-Seq data set using Gencode annotation gtf?

I've been trying to run commands like this "cufflinks --num-threads 4 -g ./gencodeV13/gencode.v13.annotation.gtf --min-frags-per-transfrag 0 ./x.bam", but the program stopped after a while, and in the output file, transcripts.gtf, it only has part of Chr1 information.

But I have no problem running tophat with the same annotation file. And x.bam is the output.

And I have no problem using a subset of the Gencode annotation gtf file, for example, the gencode.v13.annotation.exon.gt contains only exon from the annotation file. And I can run "cufflinks --num-threads 4 -g ./gencodeV13/gencode.v13.annotation.exon.gtf --min-frags-per-transfrag 0 ./x.bam" successfully and got information for all chromosomes.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by arrchi; 06-10-2013 at 08:11 AM.
arrchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 02:50 PM   #2
caballien

Did you figure this out? I'm having a similar problem. I can use ucscknowngene.gtf with no problems, but when I switched to gencode cufflinks is taking greater than 10x longer and still hasn't finished. I read in another forum that the use of "genes" in gencode in column 3 of the .gtf is causing the issue, and to simply remove those lines. I'm not sure if this is accepted practice.
caballien is offline   Reply With Quote