SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quality Control Library using QUBIT... help me! soleulloa Ion Torrent 1 09-01-2011 07:18 AM
DNA isolation & library quality control Nak Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 05-25-2011 01:39 PM
mRNA-seq library quality control shilh Illumina/Solexa 2 04-23-2010 07:09 AM
3'UTR library or random primed cDNA library for quantification? Rosanne82 Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 06-26-2009 06:27 AM

Old 08-23-2019, 02:37 AM   #1
grawfin

Default Looking for a standardized method of library quantification and quality control

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone out there has discovered/created a standardized method for library quantification and quality control that works for them.

The issue that I keep running up against is that, depending on the method used for library preparation, the values given by tapestation, qbit, qpcr and fragment analyzer can vary wildly. Sometimes, for well prepared libraries I will get good consensus between the instruments. But when I don't, it turns quantification into a completely heuristic process.

I have observed the following trends:
10x libraries are better quantified on tapestation than qubit,
Amplicons and Nextera libraries don't seem to work well on tapestation OR qubit,

fragment analyzer and qpcr are both time-expensive, and the tapestation is just expensive.

With all that said, has anyone out there been able to completely standardize the process of QC and library quant for all library types? Thank you in advance.
grawfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:57 AM   #2
Johnwang

We have NextSeq500/550, I have tried many lib quantification methods (Qubit, NanoDrop, tapestation, Quantfluor and qPCR), the only one works to me is qPCR with kit from KAPA. I have run many libraries constructed with different commercial kits, lab-protocols as well, all work with good cluster density and quality.
Johnwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:12 AM   #3
GW_OK

Something (Tape/BioA/FragA) for size estimation followed by KAPA qPCR for absolute quantification. That's the gold standard in my opinion. If it hasn't been qPCR'd we don't run it!
GW_OK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
library concentration, qpcr, quality control, quantification, tapestation