Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HiSeq 2 x 250 Update

Whats up with the HiSeq 2 x 250 bp coming out. I see a lot of stuff on the internet written in 2013 that projects Q2 of 2014, but can't seem to find any recent info written about this.

Can anyone point me to any updates on this?

Are you talking about the HiSeq 2500? It's out, and does 2x250bp runs.

Comment

Brian: Are you sure? I don't think 2 x 250 bp update is available generally as yet.

Comment

Oh... maybe we got early access? Well, we're using it in production now.

Comment

How was the quality of 2x250 bp reads? 25 million read pairs per run?

Woody

Comment

Yeah, it's not out generally. Please give representative performance specs. Reagent prices as well, if possible.

Comment

According to our head of genomic technologies, we are not in an early access period for the HiSeq 2500 (so presumably it should be available for purchase) and there's no embargo on information. You get 2x250bp runs with the 'rapid run' and the quality looks decent, not as good as MiSeq:

Far more data, though, at ~236M reads.
              Attached Files

Comment

Nothing on iCom that I can see. Are you pooling reagents or is this a standalone kit?

Comment

No, it looks like we are pooling the 200-cycle kits. And apparently Illumina only supports up to 2x150. So I guess we're off-roading, but it works pretty well.
                  Last edited by Brian Bushnell; 09-15-2014, 04:29 PM.

Comment

The 2x250 rapid run kit for the HiSeq is supposed to become available end of September. Just 2 weeks to go ...

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Bushnell View Post
                      No, it looks like we are pooling the 200-cycle kits. And apparently Illumina only supports up to 2x150. So I guess we're off-roading, but it works pretty well.
                      How do you pool two 200 kits together? Some of the reagents are filled up almost to the max when you pool one 200 and one 50. Do you pause the run in the middle and refill?

Comment

The 2500 uses two adjacent flowcells. If you use 5x200-cycle kits, that's enough for 1000 cycles, or 2x2x250 on a HiSeq 2500. And I don't do any pooling; I'm a programmer and probably can't answer many wet-lab-related questions.

Comment

Originally posted by bilyl View Post
                          How do you pool two 200 kits together? Some of the reagents are filled up almost to the max when you pool one 200 and one 50. Do you pause the run in the middle and refill?
                          Are you thinking about High Output chemistry? My memory is that the Rapid Chemistry bottles are not filled very high at all.

Comment

Officially announced, shipping in November

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                            • seqadmin
                              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post seqadmin  
                            Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                            0 responses