SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Zero FPKM value for transcript in Stringtie nachtwuenscher RNA Sequencing 0 05-31-2017 01:43 AM
stringtie parameters sbcn Bioinformatics 6 02-07-2017 08:46 PM
Stringtie error tonup69 Bioinformatics 2 02-23-2016 06:33 AM
StringTie Output JazminO RNA Sequencing 2 02-03-2016 07:50 PM
StringTie software? jake13 Bioinformatics 5 05-29-2015 10:37 PM

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2018, 11:32 AM   #1
kuristy
Junior Member
 
Location: Florida

Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 3
Default Stringtie inconsistency

I am doing a large RNAseq experiment, and I am doing hisat2-stringtie-ballgown as we get new samples. After alignment and assembly, I do stringtie --merge with new samples and older samples together. I then run stringtie -eB to generate the ballgown tables for all of the samples old and new. We noticed that **only for some genes**, the fpkm values will change after more samples are added. And, as more samples are added, the number of genes that show varying fpkms increases. For example, after adding 10 new samples I have ~50 genes that changed by at least 15 fpkm for **the same sample** that was run previously. After adding 20 samples I have almost 200 genes that changed by at least 15 fpkm for the same sample. I am using the exact same bam files from run to run. The only thing that changes is the merge file after adding new samples. I realize stringtie is not 100% error free, but it seems strange that adding more samples would cause a change in fpkm for only some of the genes, and that adding more samples causes even more genes to change from the same sample.

Here are my commands:
stringtie -M 0.75 -f 0.3 -c 3.5 -j 10 -m 400 --rf "${base}"_sorted.bam -p 4 -G /media/manager/Larkins_1TB/indexes/grch38_snp_tran_ht2/gencode.v27.chr_patch_hapl_scaff.annotation.gtf -o /media/manager/Larkins_1TB/stringtie/"${base}".gtf

stringtie --merge -p 8 -f 0.3 -c 3.5 -m 400 --rf -G /media/manager/Larkins_1TB/indexes/grch38_snp_tran_ht2/gencode.v27.chr_patch_hapl_scaff.annotation.gtf -o stringtie_merged.gtf mergelist.txt

stringtie /media/manager/Larkins_1TB/"${base}"_sorted.bam -M 0.75 -f 0.3 -c 3.5 -j 10 -m 400 --rf -eB -p 8 -G stringtie_merged.gtf -o "${base}"/"${base}".gtf

Let me know if there is anything I can change to get consistency from run to run after new samples are added to experiment.


Thanks!
kuristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
assembly, stringtie

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO