No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLX Maintenance Wash

Hey,

can anyone tell me what % tween20 is used in the maintenance wash.

thank you.

Same as the bleach, 0.5%

Comment

What about the Sipper Tubes? Do you reuse them? Buy them separately?

Comment

Originally posted by Aniki View Post
        Hey,

can anyone tell me what % tween20 is used in the maintenance wash.

thank you.
        Are you making your own wash reagents?

Comment

Sipper Tubes are changed every time I do a full sequencing run, but I reuse the same ones for maintenance washes. Also, yes I make my own washing reagents... it saves you quite a bit of money.

Comment

Originally posted by medical oncology View Post
            What about the Sipper Tubes? Do you reuse them? Buy them separately?
            Each maintenance wash kit comes with sipper tubes and Roche discourages reuse. I agree with them; why risk contamination of the fluidics?

I'm not sure if you can buy them separately or not.

Comment

you can buy the sipper tubes separately and they are a lot cheaper. As for contamination, I mean its 0.5% bleach for most of the fluidics except two which are 0.5% tween20. Use deionized water... I don't see any contamination going on here.

you are just burning your cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Aniki View Post
                Sipper Tubes are changed every time I do a full sequencing run, but I reuse the same ones for maintenance washes. Also, yes I make my own washing reagents... it saves you quite a bit of money.
                Interesting. I've toyed with the idea, what with the cost being about $200 per wash kit (quite a bit for Clorox and Tween), but I figure I'm spending the money for peace of mind, plus I don't have to prepare the solutions.

Comment

you are burning your cash for nothing. A toddler can mix 5ml of bleach with 995ml of ddH2O. Saved you 199$ there.

Comment

How often do you do maintenance washes?

Comment

you can do it once a week if you're bored, or just do it once every other week.

Comment

Roche recommends once a week if you don´t do any sequencing run. In our lab we have at least one run a week, so we don´t use a lot of maintenance kits. If we know we are not going to use the machine for a few weeks, we do the complete shutdown procedure. I agree the maintenance kits are overly priced for what they are.

Comment

We've been under the impression that if we have a problem with our 454 and Roche don't see that we've been buying maintenance kits they could refuse to fix the problem because we can't say we've been maintaining it as directed by Roche...

Comment

For what it is worth, an RAC told me that the Roche instrument wash kits are decanted/packaged in a clean room to avoid contamination with spores. This RAC said that people using home made kits had resulted in fluidics problems caused by biofilms forming.

Sound ridiculous on the face of it. But at least it could explain the high costs of the maintenance wash kits.

--
                            Phillip

Comment

bleach and tween with ddH2O. come on people, we are all educated here... or so I hope.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                              0 responses