SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > RNA Sequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
metatranscriptome mapping Francy87 Bioinformatics 2 09-24-2013 08:08 PM
best RNAseq mapping tool for bacteria sissi Bioinformatics 6 03-05-2012 03:48 PM
PubMed: Optical mapping of DNA: Single-molecule-based methods for mapping genomes. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 01-06-2011 02:00 AM
De-novo assembly of bacteria genomes - which tools? maasha Bioinformatics 8 08-12-2009 01:41 PM

Old 10-28-2014, 01:04 PM   #1
Francy87

Question mapping bacteria metatranscriptome to genomes

Hello! I'm pretty new to rna-seq data analysis and I'm not sure about how proceed with it.
I have bacteria metatranscriptome reads from environmental samples and I know more or less which species are present. So I'd like to try to map them to some genomes (those of the species I know that should be there), using bowtie. I don't know about where to find the genomes and which file formats I need. I'm wandering about downloading them from here ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/genomes/Bacteria/, but for each genome there are a lot of different files. As I could understand, I need .ffn to build the bowtie index (if I want to use only the protein coding parts of the genomes). But then, in which file do I find the corresponding gene annotations (so the names of the genes)?

thanks
Francesca
Francy87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bacteria, bowtie2, mapping, metatranscriptome, rna-seq advice