SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
multiple read mapping with the same read set with newbler vincebaby6 Bioinformatics 6 12-20-2012 02:10 AM
Tophat 2.0.5 mixed length reads - how to set MID dvanic Bioinformatics 0 10-02-2012 07:16 PM
picard error: Mismatch between read length and quals length writing read shawpa Bioinformatics 0 08-20-2012 05:52 AM
Tmap: how to use it to construct genetic map with large-scale SNP markers orctyr Bioinformatics 0 03-16-2011 01:11 AM
how to set seed length in Tophat sanwen Bioinformatics 2 08-10-2010 12:07 AM

Old 11-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
kadri

Question tmap - set up read length to map?

Hello All,

I would really appreciate if somebody could help me. I use this command to run tmap on the Ion Torrent server:

tmap mapall -n 12 -s <outputfile.bam> -f <fastafile> -r <bamfile> -v -Y -u -o 1 stage1 map4

(and I also use samtools sort and index prompts to map my reads).

I am really satisfied with it, works nicely

I would like to change my command to be able to specify the length of the mapped reads. I need them to overlap a certain part in my reference sequence, so I am interested only those which are theoretically long enough to overlap this part of the sequence. I red in the t-map book, that there is a parameter map1 -l INT, but I am not sure how to use it. I have already tried several ways to add it into my original command, but it did not work. So do you have any idea how to change my command?

Thanks a lot.
Kind Regards,
Adrienn

Last edited by kadri; 11-12-2013 at 01:48 AM.
kadri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ion torrent, proton, read length varies, tmap