SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what is the best software to use to analyze illumina NGS data? bbsinfo Illumina/Solexa 3 08-21-2013 04:48 AM
Looking to release software to the NGS community dp05yk Bioinformatics 0 12-23-2011 11:45 AM
Recommendation for windows NGS analysis software Hamid General 2 05-19-2011 10:00 AM
Ask for help :which software is better for NGS! huan General 2 10-23-2010 09:42 PM
Scaling Preformance of some NGS software SamCurt Bioinformatics 0 05-07-2010 08:14 AM

Old 09-27-2012, 03:42 AM   #1
melNGS

Default Best NGS software!

Hi,
I'm looking for the best NGS software (integrated solution) for Illumina. I've been using NextGene but I found not really user friendly....
We were thinking to buy CLC bio or Genomatix, but I don't know which one is the best for human resequencing (target enrichment and exome sequencing) but also for RNA-seq and Chip seq. I know that with CLC bio you can create your pipeline; can you do the same with Genomatix?

I accept any suggestions!!

Thanks!

Melissa
melNGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:48 AM   #2
GenoMax

Melissa: You need to test these software packages out yourself. Ultimately what works for you in your specific environment will be more important that the advice you are going to get from subsequent responses in this thread.

Most software vendors will give you some sort of a trial license so you can make the judgement yourself.

Keep in mind that access to decent hardware to run the program you select will matter too.
GenoMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
mcvf

Hi Melissa,

The solutions from CLC bio can do all those analysis, you are referring to. And you can of course try it yourself with a demo-license, valid for 2 weeks. You are of course also more than welcome to contact our UK office to get more information etc.:

CLC bio, UK
17, Heol Y Gors,
Townhill,
Swansea,
United Kingdom
SA1 6SA
Telephone
Office: +44 7707 33 7272
Main: info@clcbio.com
Sales: sales@clcbio.com

Best Regards,

Mikael Flensborg, CLC bio