SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for GATK manual - site down mstagliamonte Bioinformatics 6 11-18-2013 08:18 AM
Manual vs Blast2go annotation upendra_35 Bioinformatics 1 01-30-2013 08:48 PM
Does anyone have Newbler/gsAssembler v2.6 manual? pepperoni 454 Pyrosequencing 1 04-18-2012 08:10 PM
GS FLX Manual jordi 454 Pyrosequencing 0 03-21-2011 09:24 AM
Comprehensive TopHat manual? Gus RNA Sequencing 1 12-21-2009 04:54 AM

Old 03-06-2014, 08:59 AM   #1
akjones

Default REAPR instruction manual?

Hello all,

I recently read the paper describing REAPR for De Novo genome assembly assessment and I would like to use it. However, I cannot find an actual download/instruction manual for the software. The paper does a fabulous job of describing how the program works (including math that is way beyond me) and what it is doing, but I couldn't find a supplementary user manual. Am I insane?

I checked the webpage https://www.sanger.ac.uk/resources/software/reapr/ and it mentions that I should read the manual before running the program, but then there is no mention of how to find said manual. Does "manual" just mean the paper in Genome Biology? Is there a readme file or an instruction manual that is a part of the virtual box download (I'm working with a Mac)? I really have no idea. I feel incredibly silly for asking this question and I'm sure the answer is staring me in the face. But if anyone has an actual copy of the actual user manual for REAPR, or if you know where to find it, and if you could pass that information along, that would be wonderful.

Thanks,

~Ana
akjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:17 AM   #2
mastal

Hi Ana,

we have Reaper installed on a Linux machine, and with the reaper files there is a directory called 'doc' which contains two html files, 'reaper.html' and 'tally.html'.
mastal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:37 AM   #3
martinghunt

Hi Ana,

The REAPR manual is included in the tarball download (it's called manual.pdf), which is linked from the "download" tab on the REAPR webpage.

Sorry it's not obvious - in the near future I will make the manual available straight from the website.

Cheers,
Martin
martinghunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:55 AM   #4
martinghunt

Hi,

You can now download the manual directly from here:
ftp://ftp.sanger.ac.uk/pub/resources....16.manual.pdf

It's not linked from the website, as I don't have access to do that right now.Feel free to email me directly if you want help with running it.

Cheers,
Martin
martinghunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
instructions, manual, reapr, wellcome