Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same experiment name = unable to download from Basespace?

Hi,

I had a run on the Miseq completed, and post-run wash performed. I then started another run, with the same experiment name as the first run. Now, Basespace shows both runs with the same "progress" of "running" on the status bars on the dashboard. I am unable to download the fastQ from the first run. Is the data being overwritten? Any thoughts?
    Thank you.

We do not use base space for our MiSeq's so I can't comment on your question directly. I just hope what you think is not happening.

AFAIK there should be a local copy of the data from the first completed run on your MiSeq (look in the D drive --> Illumina --> Illumina MiSeq Output (RTA results) --> Illumina MiSeqAnalysis (if you are only using BaseSpace this folder will be empty). Hopefully you can reanalyze the first dataset using MiSeq Reporter.

Comment

Thanks for the advice; I have been trying to resolve it with Illumina but the problem is still being examined. Good news is that the Miseq folder contains the basecalls etc, so probably will try to extract the fastq somehow (e.g. like you mentioned). Data is not deleted so that's good.

Comment

Originally posted by wlchew View Post
        Thanks for the advice; I have been trying to resolve it with Illumina but the problem is still being examined. Good news is that the Miseq folder contains the basecalls etc, so probably will try to extract the fastq somehow (e.g. like you mentioned). Data is not deleted so that's good.
        Hello,

Even if the data is being overwritten on BaseSpace, there will be a locally cached copy of your run under the run folder with a unique RunID linked to your cartridge barcode. If you need to requeue the data for post run analysis, this can be done locally by removing the <queued_for_analysis.txt> file from the output (?) or possibly the analysis folder.

The MiSeq Reporter software can be launched by typing http://localhost:8042 into Internet Explorer.

Regards,
        Andor

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses