SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Pacific Biosciences

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
circular RNA analysis or identify without reference genome smm Bioinformatics 0 01-11-2016 01:04 AM
BLASR - Alignment to reference without gaps cnluzon Pacific Biosciences 0 02-04-2013 01:30 PM
Circular reference mapping arvid Bioinformatics 1 05-04-2012 08:10 AM
How to align SNP coordinates against a circular reference genome? Lspoor General 1 02-17-2012 10:44 AM
SRMA Problem SAMRecord contig does not match the current reference sequence contig gavin.oliver Bioinformatics 5 07-05-2011 05:28 AM

Old 08-29-2016, 10:03 AM   #1
Gestahl

Question Circular contig in multicontig reference remapping (SMRTPipe, BLASR)

Hello everybody,

I am doing a secondary analysis involving temporal data (IPDs) using SMRTPipe. I am using P_Mapping (BLASR) to map reads to a multicontig reference sequence. My reference genome consists of one circular (mt) and some linear reference sequences. This yields in low coverage (compared to the average coverage) at the "ends" of the circular reference sequence.

Please take a look at the coverage plot of my remapped mitochondrion in the attachment.

This is bad. I want to get rid of the error introduced due to reads not aligning to the artificial ends of the circular reference made linear or aligning with low quality somewhere else.

I want BLASR to allow overhangs, or even better: to treat my circular reference as circular.

- IS ONE OF THESE OPTIONS POSSIBLE?
- CAN IT BE DONE AND HOW?

Thank you for reading and thinking!
Attached Images
File Type: png coverage_plot_mtde.png (68.9 KB, 5 views)
Gestahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 07:10 AM   #2
rhall

Blasr aligns all the way to the end of the sequence by default. From the plot you show it appear the reference has not been circularized correctly, i.e. the ends overlap and have not been trimmed. https://github.com/PacificBioscience...g-and-trimming
rhall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blasr, circular reference, mapping, pacbio, smrtpipe