SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Genomic Resequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Software for aligning DNA onto genomic sequences to retrieve INTRONS atape Bioinformatics 8 07-05-2013 09:34 AM
Pull read sequences out of a genomic region of interest? JenBarb RNA Sequencing 1 02-13-2013 03:06 PM
Obtaining UCSC Genomic sequence Given Genomic Coordinates modi2020 Bioinformatics 0 12-03-2012 07:45 PM
How to check HCV genomic sequences between Two samples is different or not? byou678 Bioinformatics 1 10-30-2012 01:53 PM
PubMed: Frameshift detection in prokaryotic genomic sequences. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 07-31-2009 05:00 AM

Old 08-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
NanYu

Default best way to re-sequence a few Mb of genomic sequences

Hi,
If I want to re-sequence a known part of the chromosome (we know the reference genome sequence) of ~1Mb to find the possible mutations (SNP or INDEL) that caused a certain phenotype. What is the best platform to do it?

I don't like the idea of just extract the whole genome and re-sequence everything. But is there a sample preparation technology that allows me to amplify/sequencing only part of the chromosome?

Thanks!
Nan
NanYu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
Heisman

Look into earray with agilent - custom capture. Won't be very cost-efficient for only one sample but if you have a decent amount it's one thing to look into for sure.
Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #3
SNPsaurus
Registered Vendor

For sequencing a few samples, custom pulldowns are often more expensive than doing whole genome shotguns. If you have lots of samples, then it makes sense.

For a few samples, the most inexpensive platform I've seen is mybaits mycroarray. My academic lab did a really cheap approach of biotinylating BAC or fosmid DNA covering a region. Also a not-high on-target rate, but any purification will give you good coverage for 10 million reads. See http://scholar.google.com/citations?...J:b0M2c_1WBrUC for that.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:05 PM   #4
Ganesh Ujwal

You could fragment the genome and clone it then probe your clones to find the fragment(s) that contain the sequence of interest.
Ganesh Ujwal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
partial chromsome, re-sequencing