SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Converting a VCF with SNPs and indels to BED format oiiio Bioinformatics 2 12-13-2017 12:46 PM
SeqMonk: View of Nt/Aminoacid sequence possible? mawil Bioinformatics 0 11-25-2015 11:51 PM
Download aminoacid sequences from a set of uniprot IDs. anushavarma Bioinformatics 2 10-27-2014 06:30 AM
Converting PE using XSQ_Tools beldenwj SOLiD 5 06-07-2012 11:19 AM
Change transcript ID baby1885 Bioinformatics 2 09-02-2010 11:54 PM

Old 12-09-2018, 12:36 PM   #1
Mikey

Default Converting indels through to AminoAcid change

Hello
I am paused at a part in my project of analysing a genome for a rare neurological presentation (extremely rare- prevalence of only a few in the literature). The rare part being the symptom which is visual in nature, the neuroradiological etiology being very common in neurological disorders- white matter degradation.
Ive found a gene of particular interest. The mutations in this gene are all indels. No SNP, no CNV.
To work out whether its likely pathological i need to work out if the change leads to a loss or gain of a cysteine residue within one of the EGFRs of NOTCH3 extracellular domain.
Ive found 7 mutations within the 23 exons which code for the epidermal growth factor-like repeat domains im wondering if someone could please give me an indication as to how i advance further on this to work out if they lead to a loss or gain of cysteine residue
Thanks
Mikey
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote