No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sample cleanup question

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if Exo/SAP PCR cleanup is compatible with MiSeq Illuina sequencing?

I am preparing some environmental DNA for MiSeq Illumina sequencing. I have done the first round of PCR with 16S bacterial primers which have overhangs that will be used by the sequencing facility to perform a second round of PCR where they would attach the Illumina adaptors. My question is, is ExoSAP PCR cleanup of this first round of PCR compatible with their 2nd round of PCR and the Illumina MiSeq platform? Is there anything in the PCR reaction (normal PCR reaction performed with 3%v/v DMSO) or in the Exo/SAP reaction, that could interfere with lib preparation or sequencing? Does anyone have experience with this?

Thank you

ExoSAP-IT will remove nucleotides and remaining primers. I see two potential issues. If the first PCR has primer dimers, they will not be removed which may cause issues in 2nd PCR (such as preferential amplification of dimers rather than target region). Also, depending on how much of 1st PCR product is used as template for 2nd PCR, it may disturb buffer composition which may affect PCR efficiency. Using ExoSAP-IT for library clean up (2nd PCR) will leave all the primer-dimers and small artefact fragments in, which will result in sequencing those rather than target fragments.

Comment

I'm not so sure that primer dimers would be an issue - it seems to be able to clean-up Adaptors.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cement_head View Post
        I'm not so sure that primer dimers would be an issue - it seems to be able to clean-up Adaptors.
        Nope, won't work for NGS - just spoke with them - they've tried and doesn't.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses