Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bioanalyzer image

I am preparing the library for single end RNA-seq following the illumina protocol. However, by agilent analysis for library, the two smear bands occur at 200bp and 500 bp. I do not know why the 500 bp band is visible. Who has the same experience? Anyone's idea for this result?
    Attached Files

What stage of the library prep are you at?? Is this the final purified library? What size bands are you selection?

Comment

Originally posted by peromhc View Post
      What stage of the library prep are you at?? Is this the final purified library? What size bands are you selection?
      It is purified library for subsequent cluster generation in mRNA-seq. This library is generated by PCR enrichment during which the gel-seclection size at 200 bp is used as template. The PCR cycle is 15. Thus, in theory and according to illumina protocol of sample preparation for single end RNA-seq, the band shoud be only at around 200 bp, and the 500 bp band should not occur. I do not know why 500 bp band is yielded? I need 200 bp band.

Comment

What about running another gel and selecting only the size you want?

Comment

Poly, I would follow LMc's advice and do another round of size selection- it's hard to know what that band might be, but Im pretty sure you dont want it!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
          • seqadmin
            The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
            by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
            02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
          0 responses