Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linker Bias in 454 Paired-End Libraries

In 454 paired-end sequencing analysis (3, 8, or 20kb), has anyone found that the sequence on the left of the linker to be significantly shorter than the sequence on the right? Theoretically, a randomly sheared sample should generate reads with sequences of equal length, on average, on either side of the linker. However, I am seeing a bias for the linker to be located near the start of the read. Could the circular products be more prone to shearing at a site closer to the left side of the linker?

Your post made me check, but both for the two smaller datasets (bacterial genome 3kb old GS FLX and Titanium 8kb PE), and the larger one (eukaryotic genome Titanium 3kb, 8kb, 20kb) I don't see a significant difference between the length distributions of the left half and the right half.

Also, when I plot the position of the linker (I take the start position of the right half from the 454TrimStatus.txt as a proxy) and divide it by the original trimmed read length, there is no bias either...

Comment

Thanks for checking! I'm curious, how are you shearing after circularization? Covaris or nebulization? Also, are you using carrier DNA? It shouldn't make a difference, I just want to rule anything put...

Comment

In solexa sequencing, pair end library especially index PE, we also found that pollution of read1 adpter >>read2, i don‘t understand why?

Comment

BTW, index mate pair library !

Comment

Originally posted by lzembek View Post
            Thanks for checking! I'm curious, how are you shearing after circularization? Covaris or nebulization? Also, are you using carrier DNA? It shouldn't make a difference, I just want to rule anything put...
            We follow the standard protocols, so nebulization and carrier DNA.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
            • seqadmin
              The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
              by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
              02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
            0 responses