No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streptavidin bead buffers for mate pair prep kit

Hello all,

I have prematurely run out of the three buffers that come with Illumina's Mate Pair Library Prep Kit. Specifically, they are:
    • Streptavidin Bead Binding Buffer - part # 1006643
    • Streptavidin Bead Wash Buffer 1 - part # 1006644
    • Streptavidin Bead Wash Buffer 2 - part # 1006645

Does anyone know what these buffers are and have the recipes for them? I doubt very much you can order them separately from Illumina. Any help would be much appreciated.

All the best,
    Steve

Have you tried asking illumina tech support?

I don't have recipes for these exact buffers, but you can find the recipes for other companies' streptavidin magnetic bead washing buffers on the web. Often they're just PBS pH 7.2 with 0.01% tween-20... but often they're using bound antibodies rather than DNA.

Comment

Illumina Mate Pair Prep

Did you ever find out what these were. My Mate pair kit is on backorder and I am trying to by reagents separately. I am also trying to which DNA Exonuclease they use.

Comment

I eventually got the dynabeads kilobase binder kit from invitrogen since I was doing long insert preps. I substituted the illumina binding protocol for the invitrogen on at the binding stages. I'm not sure this is what you're looking for, though.

Comment

I really need to know what exonuclease is used following circularization. I used up all mine experimenting with this step and don't want to choose the wrong one. Anyone know an appropriate exo to use?

Comment

I talked to someone from NEB about digesting linear DNA only (and not circularized DNA), and they recommended Lambda Exonuclease (M0262S).

Comment

Does anybody know about the buffers?
              What´s the difference between the wash buffers 1 and 2?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
              • seqadmin
                The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
              0 responses