SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEXTflex Small RNA Sequencing Kit for Library Prep Launched Bioo Scientific Vendor Forum 10 05-27-2016 07:53 AM
small RNA cleanup for Illumina library prep eab Sample Prep / Library Generation 17 02-27-2015 09:38 AM
NEBNext ChIP-Seq library prep kit vs Illumina TruSeq kit? ASL Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 04-10-2013 08:35 PM
ScriptMiner small RNA-seq library prep kit smalan RNA Sequencing 0 02-16-2012 06:02 AM
Illumina Trueseq RNA prep kit problems cburke11 Sample Prep / Library Generation 19 09-27-2011 09:42 AM

Old 11-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #1
Martin Mikkelsen

Default Problems getting results using Illumina / NEB kit for small RNA library prep.

Dear all,

Does anyone have any experience with these kits?

I was able to make one successful build using the Illumina kit and since then has everything failed. I have also tried the similar kit from NEB.

I have used Ambion brain, liver and testes including some internal in-house controls containing known amounts of small RNA species.

How stable are the reagents in the kit?
Should I worry about my samples? I have used the recommend 1 g input material for both kits. And QC-ed my samples using the BioAnalyzer RNA kit.

Hope that someone has an idea of what could be wrong or how to proceed!
Martin Mikkelsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:56 AM   #2
Martin Mikkelsen

I solved the problem (well somebody in the lab helped) me.

We used heating in thermocycler lid. Somehow it affected the incubations steps. Now we dropped the temperature in the lid and everything seems to work.
Martin Mikkelsen is offline   Reply With Quote