SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Input files for Roche GSMapper cow_girl Bioinformatics 4 11-11-2014 01:04 PM
Error in contigs length in 454AllContigs.fna 454 Output file mmanrique Bioinformatics 4 07-21-2010 05:51 AM
about UCSC full length cDNA zslee Bioinformatics 6 05-18-2010 04:11 AM
gsMapper contigs haonmada 454 Pyrosequencing 1 01-22-2010 12:25 PM
PubMed: Use of massive parallel pyrosequencing for near full-length characterization Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 09-16-2009 03:00 AM

Old 02-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
sulicon

Default Roche gsMapper output exon contigs rather than full-length sequence?

Hi all,
I'm running gsMapper with "-cdna -gref" options. I'm surprised to find the majority of the contigs assembled correspond to individual exons, rather than the transcripts!

A possible reason I can image is that there may be more then one isoform generated from the same locus, so that the assembler can't assemble the reads from this gene into one. However, this is not the scenario since we have separated isoforms before sequencing.

I have searched this problem but can't find any information. So I think this is probably not caused by the inability of gsMapper to detect introns. Any suggestion?

Thanks!

BTW, it's really strange that at least one transcript with several huge introns (> 3kb) has been assembled successfully, where many transcript with much short introns are failed to be assembled...
sulicon is offline   Reply With Quote