SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
kmer size and coverage cutoff for digital normalization using the khmer suite jov14 Bioinformatics 4 08-13-2015 07:17 AM
about SRA paired datasets syslm01 RNA Sequencing 21 10-19-2011 11:59 AM
paired-end reads mapped to genome.. gene with only one direction of paired-end reads? danwiththeplan Bioinformatics 2 09-22-2011 03:06 AM
Keep large paired-end Fastq datasets in sync sklages Bioinformatics 4 03-17-2011 03:28 AM
Why are Illumina paired-end SRA datasets made up of 3 FASTQ files? Bio.X2Y Illumina/Solexa 9 12-21-2010 12:36 PM

Old 01-12-2017, 06:04 AM   #1
jov14

Default Partitioning huge paired-end datasets with the khmer suite

The khmer suite has a workflow for partitioning reads based on graph-connectivity, which I want to test for a specific (huge) paired-end dataset.

However, from the documentation, I am not sure how exactly it treats read-pairs? It seems that arguments which specify how read-pairs should be treated only exist for the normalization-workflows?

e.g. load-graph.py (the first step of the partitioning workflow) accepts one or multiple input files. If I use multiple input files, will the script automatically assume paired-end reads in separate files (forward reads in the first, reverse reads in the second file)? Will it automatically assume interleaved reads if i only supply one input file?

In which form will the partitioned reads be output? Automatically Interleaved? Or possibly first all forward reads and then all reverse reads (requiring another processing step before assembly of paired reads)?
jov14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
khmer suite, metagenomics, read, read partitioning