No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLiD annotations in SAM/BAM output

Hi all,

I'm trying to extract info from aligned reads in the SAM/BAM format about location of SNPs and mismatches in the reference genome. Previously I've done this through the annotated GFF files but it seems like they are not created by Bioscope 1.2. What I'm after is some equivalent of the 's' attribute in the GFF lines. I've looked at the SAM output but couldn't figure out how to extract such info. Does anyone have an idea? Or can I somehow get Bioscope to write GFFs again?

/Adam

The pileup command in SAMTOOLS can be used for generating position-based output and consensus/indel calling.

update:
    I now realize you probably mean something else, the column with "a comma-separated string representing annotations on the sequence". In that case you better find someone that uses Bioscope

-Stef
    Last edited by svl; 08-17-2010, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Yes, that's the annotation string I'm looking for. I should have been clearer in the original post, sorry for that.

/Adam

Comment

do u still have the old bioscope installer?
        it installs locally quite alright.
        there's this python script
        ./corona-1.0.1r0-4/bin/mates2gff.py

Not too sure but suspect its what you need to convert ma file to gff

#!/usr/bin/python
        __doc__="""
        Converts a mates file to a GFF file for visualization in Apollo.
        """
        import sys

class Mates2Gff( CommandLineApp ):
        """
        Converts a mates file to a GFF file for downstream analysis and visualization.
        http://kevin-gattaca.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks, I tried the old bioscope code but failed to run the gff conversion..

But now I have an alternative solution. I modified the .ma header lines to match the output produced by corona_lite and then ran the old versions of MaToGff.sh and AnnotateChanges.sh. I know it's an ugly fix but at least it seems to work

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses