Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partial Order Alignment Step

I'm running through Jared and Nick's Nature Methods de novo assembly approach on my Lambda burn-in FAST5 data. Just to get the pipeline up and running and some familiarity using a focused data set.

I've successfully converted FAST5 to FASTA using poretools. Using the nanocorrect pipeline, I've performed the DALIGNER steps, and then now am processing using the Partial Order Alignment step using poaV2.

It is working and the corrected.fasta file is growing... slowly. I've been tailing the file and the output when blasted is giving me 95% accuracy to NCBI refseq Lambda phage sequence. It's been chuggin along for a day. I have a 16 core 3.7 Ghz setup with 64 GB of ram, and plenty of SSD drive space to spare. It's only using a single thread (based on my system process utilization). And it's only sucked up 150 MB of working RAM.

Wondering what others have done to parallelize this step, or what can be done for speed up?

I used PBcR and then nanopolish with 2D reads only and I got good results. Is there a much better pipeline than PBcR+nanopolish?

Comment

Nanocorrect (daligner + poa), is the step preceding the celera assembly and nanopolish. This is to say, PBcR and nanopolish are next once the POA is done... When it gets done.

Comment

Thx. Let me give it a try

Comment

Ah. Nanocorrect outputs fasta but PBcR requires fastq input. How do u deal with that?

Comment

Interesting, I tried the combined PBcR MHAP pipeline with the oxford.spec and arrived at an assembly in 20 minutes with 98% match to the NCBI ref seq for Lambda.

The DALIGNER, POA and RunCA with the oxford.spec arrived at the assembly after 1.5 days with >99% match to the NCBI ref seq for Lambda.

The major difference seems to be the latter is more accurate in the homopolymer runs.

Still for rapid identification and other purposes, the PBcR MHAP pipeline is more than adequate.

-Tom

Comment

How did you obtain the frg file need for runCA? I suppose you only had one fasta file from the nanocorrect pipeline without any qual file, right?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses