SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > RNA Sequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
detect fusion gene from Solid single end 50bp reads( colorspace) yinxiaohe SOLiD 5 12-16-2011 05:39 AM
RNA-Seq: deFuse: An Algorithm for Gene Fusion Discovery in Tumor RNA-Seq Data. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 06-01-2011 03:40 AM
RNA-Seq: FusionHunter: identifying fusion transcripts in cancer using paired-end RNA- Newsbot! Literature Watch 1 05-19-2011 01:56 AM
RNA-Seq: Identification of fusion genes in breast cancer by paired-end RNA-sequencing Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 01-21-2011 05:50 AM
Single-end SOLiD data for TopHat wlnjseu RNA Sequencing 6 10-15-2010 02:28 AM

Old 08-20-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
yinxiaohe

Default Fusion gene detect tools for Solid (colorspace)single end 50bp RNA-seq data

Does someone know which tool can detect fusion gene form Solid single end 50bp RNA-seq reads. I found several softwares such as FusionMap,FusionSeq and so on. But some need paired end reads and some cant't handle colorspace reads. Now I still didn't find a tool to do the job with my data. Can someone help me. Thank you very much!
yinxiaohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:56 AM   #2
louis7781x

Although there is no software to detect fusion gene in coloerspace now.

You can do as following,
First,using tophat to run your data .
Second,use function of FusionMap:--pereport to select discordant read pairs from sam file.
Third,use GSNAP to discovery junction site.

Final,combined report from discordant read pairs and junction site.
louis7781x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:31 AM   #3
jochensupper

With single-end reads you could in principle try to detect gene fusions from spliced-alignments. There are mappers supporting this in color space, for instance, the Genomatix mapper (FYI I work for Genomatix).

However, I would not recommend this strategy at all. You will get lots of false positive predictions. Especially since your reads are only 50 bps long, so even in an ideal case you will only have 25 bps on each side of the split. This will not guarantee correct mappings with high precision.

When predicting gene fusion candidates we use spliced-alignments to determine exact fusion breakpoints. But we only do this after having identified the gene fusion candidates using paired-end information.
jochensupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
yinxiaohe

Maybe single end 50bp data are really not suitable to detect fusion gene, somehow I'll have a try as you two suggested. Thank you very much!
yinxiaohe is offline   Reply With Quote