Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reply from NEB re: ssDNA library prep

I thought this might be helpful for some of you.

===========================================
    Thank you for contacting NEB Technical Support.

Dear Chris,

Your question and answer are below:

Question:
    Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2014 3:28 PM
    To: Info
    Subject: NEBNext RNA Library kit for ssDNA?

Hi NEB,
    Can I adapt the NEBNext RNA library to generate library using ssDNA as starting material? I assume I can just start the protocol beginning from the second strand cDNA synthesis. Correct me if I am wrong..
    Thank you

Answer:
    In the NEBNext RNA library prep kits, the second strand cDNA synthesis has been optimized to generate a second strand cDNA from the DNA-RNA hybrid resulting from the first strand synthesis step.

During second strand synthesis, RNA primers are generated by the RNase H enzyme present in the second strand synthesis enzyme mix. RNase H nicks the RNA template, creates RNA primers. This primers are extended by DNA Pol I present in the enzyme mix. Finally, E.coli DNase Ligase close the nicks.

In your case, since you already have ssDNA, I would suggest to make double stranded DNA using random primers. Then take that DNA into the E7370 - NEBNext® Ultra™ DNA Library Prep Kit for Illumina®.

I hope this is helpful. Please contact us back if you have further questions.
    Deyra

There is a kit for ssDNA: NGS Single Stranded DNA Library Prep Kit from BioDynami:
    https://www.biodynami.com/ngs_single...brary_prep_kit

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses