No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two sets of .fast5 files from Nanopore

Hi,

I am trying to Nanopolish a draft Nanopore genome I assembled with Canu.
    For my indexing step, I have two folders in the data given to me by the sequencing service that contain fast5 files.
    Which is the correct to use for indexing Nanopolish?

I have one set, in a folder called fast5, which contains folders 0 to 215, each containing fast5 files that are small (20 kb to 1000 kb).

I have a second set, in another folder albacore-2.2.5-FLO-PRO001-SQK-LSK109-by_dir, which contains folders 1 -215, each containing:
    configuration.cfg
    pipeline.log
    sequencing_summary.txt
    sequencing_telemetry.js
    workspace/
    which contains:
    fastq_runid_*.fastq
    0/
    containing fast5 files that are larger (33kb to 10,000 kb)

The names of the files in fast5/1 or albacore*by_dir/1/workspace/0 are exactly the same but differ in size.

I'm leaning toward the larger files as their folder shares a dir with the sequencing_summary.txt. But I'm really not sure. Anyone see this before?

Thank you

As far as I'm aware, it doesn't matter. Nanopolish uses the called fastq files together with the signal in the fast5 files, so both should work. I expect the main difference between the two fast5 file types is that one will include the called sequences as an additional folder within the fast5 files.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses