Clear All

• SV vcf outputs to bedpe

Hi all,

Does anybody have scripts to convert:

breakdancer output ----> bedpe

delly vcf ---> bedpe

Thank you all in advance!!! cheers

It's not the cleanest approach for your purposes but you can do:

breakdancer->VCF using https://github.com/PapenfussLab/sv_b...kdancer2vcf.py

Then convert the VCFs (DELLY & BreakDancer) into R break-end GRanges object using https://github.com/PapenfussLab/Stru...iantAnnotation

Then convert the break-end GRanges to bedpe similar to how it is done in:

GRIDSS: the Genomic Rearrangement IDentification Software Suite - File not found · PapenfussLab/gridss

That said, I've found this approach quite powerful for SV analysis as you can perform annotation and filtering on the GRanges objects in R in just a few couple of code.
    Last edited by dcameron; 03-29-2017, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Thnx!

Actually, I tried a week ago the python script for breakdancer, but this is not what I was looking for.

By the way GRanges is a good approach

Comment

Originally posted by 2nelly View Post
        By the way GRanges is a good approach
        It's been by far the easiest approach I've found to SV annotation. My package isn't part of bioconductor yet as my linking between the two break-end for each breakpoint is just a $partner column and I suspect the BioConductor powers that be would want more S4 classes.

The real value in the package is in the GRanges conversion that works for most popular callers^, and findBreakpointOverlaps() for SV call matching.

^ I've tested breakdancer, cortex, crest, delly, gasv, gridss, hydra, lumpy, manta, pindel, socrates, tigra. It would be really nice if more callers adhered to the VCF specifications when they output VCF.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
        • seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses