No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyBrooks View Post
    Below 100ng then HS, 100ng-1ug then BR.
    It's also good practice to re-QC normalised samples too.
    Thanks. Looks like I should use the HS kit since my DNA is only about 5 ng/ul

Comment

Originally posted by lailaizhang View Post
      Thanks. Looks like I should use the HS kit since my DNA is only about 5 ng/ul
      it's pointed out in another thread somewhere but if you are switching between the 2 kits you need to do some comparison tests of your samples using each kit. BR tends to give a higher reading by a high percentage vs the HS in my experience.

I once ran out of the BR dsDNA assay which I had been using to measure the concentration of my RNAseq libraries for cluster concentration calculations and instead used a HS assay in a pinch, did the calculations the same and clustered at "the same" concentration and all my libraries over clustered. I then did a side by side of the libraries with the BR and HS and there was on average a 29% difference between the values given, with the BR being higher. All the libraries were falling in the 40ng/ul range on the HS so they were well with in the BR kit range

I had good consistent clustering results with the BR assay when using it, and only had a problem with it when i switched to HS without making adjustments for the different values given. (<-- unknown to me at the time, or an oversight) I will stick with HS from now on for anything under 100ng/ul, I do feel like it is more accurate with in that range vs the BR
      Last edited by subxero; 10-01-2015, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses