No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFPE DNA Repair

Hi,

I am working on optimizing FFPE extraction for our next generation sequencing applications. I am currently interested in trying to repair the DNA, so that we have more dsDNA available for improved library construction yield and ultimately better quality sequencing.

I am looking into using the PreCR repair mix from NEB. I am also looking into using Restorase from Sigma-Aldrich. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience using these reagents for DNA repair? If not, does anyone have any advice on how to boost yields of dsDNA from FFPE material, either by repairing the DNA or by other methods? Any advice would be much appreciated, as obtaining adequate material from FFPE tissue can be tricky. Thanks!

Out of interest what protocol are you using to extract from ffpe? And do you use zylene?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,
      did you have success with the 2 restoring cocktails you mentioned? I was thinking along the same lines and it would be helpful to see if it works on FFPE material or not.

In my case, FFPE DNA could be extracted, and quantified with dsDNA Qubit, the fragmentation range is 100-4000bp. However, after shearing and also during library prep, the amounts gradually decrease. Although there is a shift after adapter ligation (however to an smaller degree than with normal DNA), the PCR does not seem to work (well).

Thanks.

Comment

have you already tested the PreCR mix?Was it beneficial?

Comment

sorry to bump an old thread. is there any new insight on this?

I am having difficulties preparing libraries from FFPE DNA (I can't get amplification after adapter ligation). test-PCRs on the same DNAs are unsuccessful for amplicons >200 bp, which makes me think that DNA modifications might inhibit the amplification steps in the library prepa
          Last edited by dexterslab; 06-18-2014, 01:24 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Hi, you are indeed likely experience problems due to DNA modifications from the formalin treatment. Also in standard PCR, it is difficult to amplify fragmetns of >200 bp from FFPE material. Was buffered formalin used for fixation? The use of unbuffered formalin makes this problem much worse.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses