SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > SOLiD

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interleaved mate pair fastq after quality filtering natstreet Bioinformatics 77 04-11-2015 05:24 PM
For MAQ: Is there a Tool to convert sanger-format fastq file to illumina-fotmat fastq byb121 Bioinformatics 6 12-20-2013 02:26 AM
Regarding fastq file format gvivek Bioinformatics 2 09-02-2011 03:34 AM
Interleaved mate pair fastq after quality filtering natstreet Illumina/Solexa 1 08-10-2010 04:19 AM
which softwate can generate fastq format file? biocc Illumina/Solexa 1 08-21-2008 07:02 AM

Old 07-28-2010, 12:50 AM   #1
natstreet

Default file format headaches - producing interleaved fastq

Hi

I have a load of paired end solid data as .csfasta and .qual files. I need to produce an interleaved fastq file from these for input into e.g. BFAST. Ideally I would also like to be able to produce a fastq file per read for properly paired mates and a third file of orphaned (single end) reads for use with e.g. Bowtie.

Can anyone point me to an existing script to do this or will I need to write one? I have looked at some existing options e.g. the Galaxy python solid2fastq script but so far I haven't managed to get it to output anything more than zero byte files. It also doesn't output the orphaned reads and re-scales everything to phred33, which is not always desirable.

I need to do the same for Illumina data as well, so if there is an option that also handles Illumina data (or is specific to it), that would be great.
natstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:04 AM   #2
natstreet

Default Galaxy solid2fastq.py

I figured out why I was getting zero byte outputs from the Galaxy python script. It seems that for paired end input you HAVE to specify '-t true' because otherwise the name matching fails for every read. Obvious after some staring at the code but not otherwise.

So, now I still need to output the orphaned reads and a method to do the same for Illumina data.
natstreet is offline   Reply With Quote