Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why could I not find "kegg.gsets" function in gage package?

Hi bigmw,
    I could not find the function of "kegg.gsets" in gage package. Do you have any idea about it?
    Was it because I used version 2. 12.0 instead of 2.11.3?
    > library(gage)
    > ?kegg.gsets
    No documentation for ‘kegg.gsets’ in specified packages and libraries:
    you could try ‘??kegg.gsets’

Thanks a lot!!

Richard
    Last edited by wmseq; 11-25-2013, 12:53 PM.

kegg.gsets is a new function introduced into gage since Bioconductor 2.13 (gage version >= 2.12.0).
    Make sure you install the current release version here:
    GAGE is a published method for gene set (enrichment or GSEA) or pathway analysis. GAGE is generally applicable independent of microarray or RNA-Seq data attributes including sample sizes, experimental designs, assay platforms, and other types of heterogeneity, and consistently achieves superior performance over other frequently used methods. In gage package, we provide functions for basic GAGE analysis, result processing and presentation. We have also built pipeline routines for of multiple GAGE analyses in a batch, comparison between parallel analyses, and combined analysis of heterogeneous data from different sources/studies. In addition, we provide demo microarray data and commonly used gene set data based on KEGG pathways and GO terms. These funtions and data are also useful for gene set analysis using other methods.

Comment

Thanks, bigmw!
      I am sure I installed it from Bioconducto 2.13.
      The commands I used are as follows:
      source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
      biocLite("gage")

Comment

The the package version biocLite() installs depends on your R/Bioconductor version. To install the current release of bioc packages like gage, you have to make sure your R/Bioconductor version is or newer than 3.0/2.13. To check the status/versions of your bioc packages:
        If you are sure you have R version 3.0 or later:
        library(BiocInstaller)
        biocValid()

If you are not sure, do:
        sessionInfo()

I would expect you see outdated R/Bioconductor (and package) versions from above output. To install or update your R/Bioconductor, please check:
        The Bioconductor project aims to develop and share open source software for precise and repeatable analysis of biological data. We foster an inclusive and collaborative community of developers and data scientists.

Comment

Hi bigmw,
          I have solved the problem. It was because some files in a local directory could not be updated automatically, so that they have to be removed by hand, and than update R.

Now, I can find "kegg.gsets" function, but when I ran the following command, I got another error message.

> kg.ame=kegg.gsets("ame")
          Error in korg[ridx, coln] : subscript out of bounds

Do you have any idea on its fixing?

Thanks!

Richard

Comment

The code I give you has been tested across multiple platforms. Below is what I got on my computers. No sure what happened on your side.
            You seem to have many odd problems with your computer based on your previous questions/notes. I would suggest you either find another computer or clean up your system (if you can) and resintall the updated R/Bioconductor, gage, pathview and other package from scratch. This will make your work much easier.

> kg.ame=kegg.gsets("ame")
            > lapply(kg.ame, head, 3)
            $kg.sets
            $kg.sets$`ame00010 Glycolysis / Gluconeogenesis`
            [1] "408559" "408654" "409624" "409773" "410122" "411140" "411188" "411576" "411897" "412362" "412522" "412843" "413924"
            [14] "550687" "550785" "551005" "551039" "551103" "551154" "551631" "552007" "552086" "552678" "552736" "724724" "725455"
            [27] "726117" "726225" "727153" "727456"

$kg.sets$`ame00020 Citrate cycle (TCA cycle)`

$sigmet.idx
            [1] 76 82 83

$sig.idx
            [1] 76 82 83

$met.idx
            [1] 1 2 3

$dise.idx
            integer(0)

Comment

Thanks a lot, bigmw!
              I will consult a computer guy to do it.

Comment

One thing you may also consider is to double check that gage has readlly been updated and successfully reloaded. You may want to restart an R session, and do:
                library(gage)
                kg.ame=kegg.gsets("ame")

If the same problem still persist, do:
                sessionInfo()

and post the output here.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                0 responses