SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > General

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with high background in some RNA-seq samples pmcget RNA Sequencing 10 11-27-2012 08:09 AM
MISO compare two samples with replicate; RNA-SEQ demis001 Bioinformatics 3 11-19-2012 12:04 PM
RNA-seq Galaxy workflow for PE barcoded samples? jjw14 Bioinformatics 0 04-19-2011 12:58 PM
New low-input rRNA removal kit, ideal for FFPE samples epibio Vendor Forum 0 11-04-2010 09:55 AM
New! Ovation WGA FFPE and RNA-Seq FFPE workflow solutions from NuGEN Technologies NuGEN Vendor Forum 0 11-03-2010 09:02 AM

Old 03-02-2010, 06:23 AM   #1
gavin.oliver

Smile RNA-Seq from FFPE Samples

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about doing this?

I read an article by Beck et al where they developed a method called 3SEQ for RNA-Seq from FFPE samples (using the Illumina GA) but this method concentrates only on the extreme 3` end of samples and therefore obviously misses out on a lot of upstream information.

I have read that single molecule sequencing is most suited to profiling mRNA from degraded samples and I am wondering if the Helicos or Pacific Bio machines would be suited to such analyses? Or will their techniques be 3`-biased also?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Best,

Gavin
gavin.oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:52 AM   #2
SallyH

Hi,

I know this post was a long time ago, but did you do any RNA Seq from FFPE samples? If so which sample prep method did you use please? I am trying to decide between DSN normalization or the mRNA-Seq Sample Preparation kit (if I can get enough total RNA from the FFPE samples).
SallyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:14 AM   #3
gavin.oliver

Hi,

The project fell by the wayside in the end unfortunately.

I heard numerous claims that DSN normalization works very well but only in the right hands - it seems to be a temperamental protocol.
gavin.oliver is offline   Reply With Quote