SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Genomic Resequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to extract out a section of nucleotide sequence from the entire genome garethboy Bioinformatics 3 12-13-2013 12:28 AM
Problems when calling SNPs using samtools mpileup zeam Genomic Resequencing 0 11-29-2012 06:37 PM
Can I view output the entire genome data? ardmore Bioinformatics 6 11-09-2011 01:21 PM
samtools/mpileup heterozygous SNPs calling combiochem Bioinformatics 4 08-02-2011 07:05 AM
calling Heterozygous SNPs with samtools mpileup egatti Bioinformatics 1 07-21-2011 08:16 AM

Old 06-18-2017, 10:08 AM   #1
htetre

Default mpileup only calling snps for chr1 not entire genome

Hello,

I am having a problem when trying to call SNPS from two alignment files, and this also happened when I tried calling SNPs from only 1 alignment file. My problem is I am only getting SNPs for Chr01, and not for the entire genome (total Chr10).

Here is the code I am using:
samtools mpileup -B -Q 20 -P Illumina -C50 -u -f genome.fa wt_align_sorted.bam mut_align_sorted.bam | bcftools view -vcg - >var.vcf

I also have a second question in terms of the genome fasta to use. I have run the samtools faidx command on my genome and get 4 columns with 10 rows. I have tried using that output ".fai" file in the mpileup command but it does not work. Do I use the faidx file I mentioned above or the fasta file I used for mapping? When I use the fasta file I used for mapping without indexing I get SNPs but only for Chr01.

I am using Samtools v 1.3 and bcftools v 1.3

Thank you for your help
htetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:56 PM   #2
htetre

Default issue resolved

Issue was resolved for this problem. Turns out the bcftools version 1.3 uses -call instead of the older version that uses -view. And the reason it crashed after chr01 was because I did not allot enough space for it to finish.
htetre is offline   Reply With Quote