No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randfol in miRDeep2

Hello all,
    I am trying to get miRDeep 2 to work with my data.
    Everything goes fine with mapping, collapsing, etc.
    When I try to run the mirDeep2.pl using the script
    Code:
    perl mirDeep2.pl collapsed.fa Genome.fa collapsed_vs_Genome.arf none none none
    the initial process work fine. Until Randfold! The pipeline stops in "computing randfold p-values". One nucleus stay at 100% activity.
    How long is this process? Here, 2 h and still counting.
    Thank you for your help.
    Charley

Dear all.
    I Just realized that the process is quite long. The data analysis (4 Gb of fasta files) runned in 3 hours in a I5 processor with 8gb RAM.
    Thank you all.
    Charley

Comment

RNAfold is most time-consuming task in predicting miRNAs from deep sequencing. All current predicting tools miRDeep, miRTRAP, MIReNA, miRDeep* and etc. use similar RNA secondary structure prediction algorithm. but it is not necessary to use big memory for preducting RNA secondary structure.

Comment

Hi,

I'm having trouble making randfold 2.0. I have the SQUID libraries but get this message when making randfold:

Code:
        -bash-4.1$ make
        gcc -O3 -I.  -o randfold params.o energy_par.o fold.o fold_vars.o utils.o randfold.c -lm -lsquid 
        randfold.c:24:18: error: squid.h: No such file or directory
        randfold.c:26:23: error: sre_random.h: No such file or directory
        randfold.c: In function 'main':
        randfold.c:30: error: 'SQFILE' undeclared (first use in this function)
        randfold.c:30: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
        randfold.c:30: error: for each function it appears in.)
        randfold.c:30: error: 'sqfp' undeclared (first use in this function)
        randfold.c:38: error: 'SQINFO' undeclared (first use in this function)
        randfold.c:38: error: expected ';' before 'sqinfo'
        randfold.c:89: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'strcpy'
        randfold.c:96: error: 'SQFILE_FASTA' undeclared (first use in this function)
        randfold.c:100: error: 'sqinfo' undeclared (first use in this function)
        randfold.c:103: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'malloc'
        randfold.c:103: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'strlen'
        randfold.c:136: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'fabs'
        randfold.c:158: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'free'
        make: *** [randfold] Error 1
        I am quite a novise when it comes to these things. Should I perhaps configure the makefile?

Comment

rndfold in mirdeep 2

I recently done small RNA sequencing of my endocrine tumour samples. I got result analysis with Mirdeep2 . I am not master in bioinformatics so , i outsourced the analysis. The company have predicted some novel micrornas. They have used mirdeep2 software for predicting novel microRNA.
          I am facing problem in selecting novel microRNAs from small RNA sequencing. Is it necessary to have high mirdeep2 score with high mature read count. Those sequence with high mirdeep2 score ( like 3168) & mature read count (456) have non significant RANDFOLD p value. I am confused in this part.
          Basically , I want to validate the results using PCR. But i am facing alot of problem in selecting top 5 novel microRNAs. I read in mirdeep2 documentation in which the score cut was from -10 to 10.
          Please guide me regarding mirdeep2 software and please help me its parameters for selecting novel microRNA.I will be very thankful to you.
          thanks.
          Regards

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
          0 responses