SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Strelka: Somatic small-variant calling workflow for matched tumor-normal samples ctsa Bioinformatics 15 12-15-2014 01:38 AM
min-coverage-normal & min-coverage-tumor in VarScan somatic Jane M Bioinformatics 2 11-20-2012 08:46 AM
Somatic mutation profiling from 454 tumor-normal paired data pravee1216 Bioinformatics 0 05-12-2012 03:38 AM
Paired-sample (tumor/normal) somatic mutation detection software alexischr Bioinformatics 1 04-14-2011 04:56 AM
known indel database for detecting somatic lesions in tumor csoong Bioinformatics 0 01-05-2011 08:04 AM

Old 07-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
ymc

Default Any program reports somatic CNVs with tumor fraction?

I noticed Mutect reports somatic mutations with tumor fraction (ie the percentage of tumor cells that has said mutation). I think this makes sense because it reflects tumor heterogeneity.

But when I tried ExomeCNV for somatic CNV. It doesn't report tumor fraction. (or maybe it does but how to do that?) Do you know any somatic CNV program that reports tumor fraction?

Thanks
ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
SNPsaurus
Registered Vendor

It is probably extra difficult to identify a 3-fold duplication in 10% of the tumor cells, since it will look like normal diploid levels + a small increase over the whole sample. And you wouldn't be able to distinguish a 3-fold duplication in 10% of the tumor cells from a 30-fold duplication in 1% of the tumor cells.

Some programs may report it anyway, but I do not know of any.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
ymc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNPsaurus View Post
It is probably extra difficult to identify a 3-fold duplication in 10% of the tumor cells, since it will look like normal diploid levels + a small increase over the whole sample. And you wouldn't be able to distinguish a 3-fold duplication in 10% of the tumor cells from a 30-fold duplication in 1% of the tumor cells.

Some programs may report it anyway, but I do not know of any.
Thanks for your reply. Presumably, I suppose the prevailing FISH/IHC method to detect HER2 amplification/overexpression also suffer from the same problem?
ymc is offline   Reply With Quote