Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here - I am writing a paper on Sequencing Companies and have a few questions..

I am writing a paper on Sequencing Companies for a MBA course I am taking regarding entrepreneurship and my paper is focusing on start-up companies (specifically Helico's and Pacific Bio) and how these companies sequencing machines pares up relative to established companies such as Roche and Illumina. Can anyone provide me with some information relative to their own personal experiences using Sequencing machines revolving around RNA / DNA 3rd generation sequencing and how the companies above compare to one another? From the information I have studied so far, their seems to be an infinite amount of information out there regarding which company does what but I am in information overload since my background in this type of new technology is very limited. I am a Mechanical Engineer by trade and I do understand some of the basics regarding this type of technology but again, my understanding is very limited. I do appreciate any feedback or links that provide some type of analysis of these companies sequencing machines as well as any personal experiences that members have had with them. I will post this thread on the other company boards. Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by KenFlo1 View Post
    I am writing a paper on Sequencing Companies for a MBA course I am taking regarding entrepreneurship and my paper is focusing on start-up companies (specifically Helico's and Pacific Bio) and how these companies sequencing machines pares up relative to established companies such as Roche and Illumina. Can anyone provide me with some information relative to their own personal experiences using Sequencing machines revolving around RNA / DNA 3rd generation sequencing and how the companies above compare to one another? From the information I have studied so far, their seems to be an infinite amount of information out there regarding which company does what but I am in information overload since my background in this type of new technology is very limited. I am a Mechanical Engineer by trade and I do understand some of the basics regarding this type of technology but again, my understanding is very limited. I do appreciate any feedback or links that provide some type of analysis of these companies sequencing machines as well as any personal experiences that members have had with them. I will post this thread on the other company boards. Thanks in advance!

Please don't spam multiple forums with the same post.

Comment

NilShomer:

Sorry - did not mean to spam. I was not able to post this thread in the general area. Is there any way this thread could be brought under the SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies general area? Again, my apologies..

Comment

Kenflo,

We're all very excited for your homework assignment, but your entrance into the community with 6+ crossposts is not conducive to getting help. ( and frankly be glad that Nils the big softie found them first....)

Seems another great homework assignment would be to try to observe and understand a situation before jumping in. This site is filled with exactly what you seek, search a bit and read.

Also, carriage returns would be nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by ECO View Post
          and frankly be glad that Nils the big softie found them first...
          I can ratchet it up a notch if you want.

Comment

Eco - with all due respect to you and nilshomer, I reposted my post on 4 (not 6) so again I do apologize. I do appreciate if you the members can help me out - I did not realize I could have posted my post via the general forum. Sorry again people...

Comment

No worries. We're crabby about spam and people taking advantage of this community.

Comment

Poster from AAAS/Science Business Office

Hello Kenflo1:
                This poster from the AAAS/Science Business Office is dated to 2007 and while there doesn't seem to be an updated version, it does include the companies mentioned in your query. The AAAS graphic may help with your focus on more recent events in the evolution of sequencing technology that can be tracked, for example, via the seqanswers.com discussion forums.

Joann

Comment

Nice Poster ...

Comment

Update for writers of papers on sequencing companies

See:

The $100 Genome: Implication for the DoD (US Department of Defense)

Check out the graphics collection!

Comment

Hey, fellas! I can agree with every word of this guy!
                      Not all people are so gifted writers. Most of them are using essay writing company for a long time while studying. And I know one company that is professional in their case. You can check resumeedge.com/ website if you are looking for help in good paper writing.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                      • seqadmin
                        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post seqadmin  
                      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                      0 responses