No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RRBS library prep.

Hi all!
    I tried to prepaare a library for genome wide methylation analysis with RRBS.
    Unfortunatly I saw that MspI is a very very annoing enzyme which digest very slowly and unefficiently. The Meissner paper which reported this tecnique said that they use 5-20 U of enzyme for 30 ng-1 micrograms (nat methods 2010) or 10-100 U of enzyme for 1-10 micrograms (nature 2008) of genomic DNA. Here in institute, to obtain a "smear" of digested DNA (visible only upper 700 bp) we use 100-300 U for 1 microgram of DNA and digested overnight. We tried a lot of things ad the best seems this, far from conditions disclaimend in the paper..Is there someone who can suggest me somenthing new?
    I load into gel 1 micrograms of digested dna and purified the "gel zone" (when i never had seen any smear) 100-400 bp and I obtained only 1 ng of DNA!!!!!
    And if I would digest twice the dna (that is digest and re-digest?)
    please help me

keep in mind that you are enriching for ~1% of the original genome. so starting from 1ug you would get out 10ng at the max if you dont overdigest.

edit: this estimation is for human, fragments ranging 40 to 240bp.
    Last edited by volks; 03-23-2011, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Thank you volks!
      I think that anyway is better to load my digested DNA after the adpter ligation for library preparation...And use polyacrilamide gradient gel for checking the digestion.
      I write to Meissner (who developed the technique) and Bock and they gave me the newest protocol paper from Meissner lab (with pictures of the gels)

I think this should improve the yield...
      Thank you anyway
      ale

Comment

I think the trick is to use an appropriate gel for checking. On a high percentage gel the DNA looks uncut, but on lower percentage gel my samples look similar to the the example from the Zymo web page: http://www.zymoresearch.com/zrc/img/product/D5014.jpg

Comment

What type of gel do you prepare?I obtain a modest "smear" with agarose 1.%...
          thanks
          ale

Comment

I digest 1µg DNA and use a standard 0.7% agarose gel. I see a smear starting from uncut = approx. 10,000 to 100-200. The intensity below 200 bps gets lower. With 1% it should already look much better than with 2%.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses