No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qPCR Kapa Kit Experimental Design

Hello folks,

In our lab we are thinking to use the Kappa library quant kit for Roche GS FLX System on a Lightcycler 480 for the first time.

in the protocol of the manufacturer (Kappa) they suggest to do a triplicate for every sample and standard. so is it really necessary to do triplicates for all samples we have. we have like 40 samples to be sequenced, so if i do a triplicate for each sample one 96 well plate wont be sufficient.

did somebody also try the 10µl reaction voulme instead of 20µl? is there any difference between them.

and is it necessary to do 3-4 serial dilutions of the samples. which dilutions have worked better (1:500 or 1:1000)?

pls help me with these...........

No it is overkill, but it also depends on how well you can pipet and the quality of your pipets. I would choose one dilution and you could do duplicates to be safe. Use the least diluted sample that falls within the standard curve.
    --------------
    Ethan

Comment

so i do not need to do triplicates for every sample?

sorry for asking this but im really confused about this. what protocol should i follow correctly

Comment

should i have to prepare the 6 DNA standards triplicates for each plate i run or only one of the six is enough for each plate????

so many questions regarding this? Please can anyone tel mein detail how to do this procedure for my 40 samples

Comment

you will need to prepare all six standards as they are used for the standard curve which is used to calculate the concentration of your samples. You can set these up in triplicate but i only set duplicates. I've never used the light cycler before but on the Step One instrument i use you can choose to exclude wells from the standard curve if for example you have made a pipetting error when setting up the plate. If your careful with your pipetting you shouldn't need to set up triplicates.

Comment

For rapid libraries I do 1:500 and 1:1000 in triplicate and leave out the first standard as it's too high. If your samples are amplicons you'll need to start at a higher dilution.

Comment

Guys would you dilute the 10^7 tube, or the original tube, because I am trying to pool 6 libraries.

Comment

we dilute the original to further.

Comment

We've found these dilutions work over 90% of the time and we do 10uL reactions in triplicate
                  rapid libs = 1:400
                  PE libs = 1:10,000
                  Amplicon libs = 1:50,000

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                  0 responses